If you believe an element of your report is inaccurate, you may request to dispute it. A-Check Global will promptly, courteously and professionally attend to your request. There is no charge for this service.
To file a dispute or obtain a copy of your report please visit my A-Check
Per FCRA guidelines, Consumer Reporting Agencies like A-Check Global have up to 30 days to complete a reinvestigation. However, we understand the urgency to both applicants and employers and thus, strive to complete reinvestigations in 3-5 days.
Consumer Dispute Process
- Request a copy of your report (if you do not already have one). You may request a copy of your completed report from the employer where you applied or directly from A-Check Global via my A-Check. Having a copy of your report is not required to begin the reinvestigation process, but it will facilitate identifying specific issues on the report.
- If you are unable to obtain a copy of your report or dispute the contents of your report using the electronic process, you may contact our compliance department at 877-345-2021 (direct: +1-951-750-1501) to discuss the specific items in dispute.
- Once a dispute has been filed, A-Check Global will open a dispute resolution case and promptly conduct a reinvestigation. This typically takes 3-5 days. The FCRA permits up to 30 days to complete the reinvestigation and allows for a 15 day extension, if required.
- Once the reinvestigation is complete, A-Check Global will contact you with the outcome. If changes are made to your report (such as removing adverse information not belonging to you), an updated copy of your report will be sent. Regardless of the outcome, we will provide a Dispute Resolution Confirmation Letter stating the outcome of the reinvestigation and the steps taken to reach the results.
- A-Check Global will also notify your employer of the results and will provide them an updated copy of the report, if any changes were made.